Tree Trust is a one-of-a-kind program working to preserve our community’s carbon-capture heroes.
Legacy trees are invaluable. They add beauty to our landscapes, offer wildlife habitat, provide shade, slow stormwater, and are an important part in the fight against climate change. It takes 269 saplings to do the work of one mature tree.
Important as they are, our legacy trees are so often neglected. Since they don’t come with an engine warning light, it’s not until a limb comes down in a storm – or worse – that we think to inspect them.
Tree Trust is a local solution
To help sustain our valuable legacy trees, Tree Trust hires professional arborists. These skilled practitioners use a variety of techniques that address potential structural failures. This arboriculture care is funded by generous community supporters who have the satisfaction of seeing their gift used to preserve local trees.
Legacy trees and carbon
There are officially sanctioned carbon offset credit programs. Our approach is simpler. Our donations stay local to fund the preservation of legacy trees and all the carbon they store.
We need your support, and below are three easy ways you can. All donations are tax-deductible!
What’s new at Tree Trust
- Mature trees are ‘carbon-capture heroes.’ This community program helps them live even longerRead the article in the Toronto Star here.
- It takes a village to raise these seeds: Tree Trust looking for help starting nurseryClick to read the article in the Toronto Star.
- Postponing TBM’s April 30th CelebrationAs a result of the recent Province-wide Stay at Home …
- SwapTalk with Toni EllisShout out to the Grand 101 – we are grateful to our …
- Help for Our Big, Hard-Working TreesOn a warm, sunny July 2020 morning in the Town …
Stay up-to-date with us
Sign up to our newsletter below to stay informed on upcoming events, latest news, and tree related-content. We will never share your information or spam your inbox.