Supporting legacy trees in your community.
Here is how you can support legacy trees in our community:
1. DONATE: We use donated funds to hire arborists to professionally care for and extend the life of legacy trees in our community. Donations over $25.00 receive a tax deduction. Click here to donate and select “Town of the Blue Mountains” under “Fund.” Any donation amount is welcome! If you like, you can use the carbon estimator links to make a donation that reflects carbon outputs from flying or driving, which are located on the right sidebar.
2. STORIES: Share your story of a tree that means or meant something in your life. Did you sit under it during hot days? Did your grandmother make preserves from its fruit? Did it bring beauty and grandeur to a landscape? Click here, and fill out the form on the right sidebar to tell us your story! All stories will be featured on our website under “Tree Stories.”
3. NOMINATE: We are looking for legacy trees that could qualify for Tree Trust care. Generally, we focus on caring for older, “carbon-hero” trees but we are also looking for trees that have particular meaning, history or prominence in our community on public or private property. Nominate a potential tree trust tree by filling out the form here.
Click the titles below to stay updated on our latest news and events, or click here to see all Town of The Blue Mountains’ posts.
- Tree Trust works at Banks Heritage CemetaryOn October 21, Tree Trust Certified Arborists completed conservation care on a 100+-year-old sugar maple tree located at the Banks Heritage Cemetery. A small group of residents braved the cold …
- Join Town of The Blue Mountains on October 21Town of the Blue Mountains’ Tree Trust has chosen their second tree! Join them at Banks Heritage Cemetary on October 21 to see arboriculture care in action.
- Town of The Blue Mountains is looking for your nomination!